After an extremely long time I’ve made an update to the DeleteOld console app and updated the CodeProject article. The original was .NET 1.1 – this one’s now 2.0 (I’m not on 3 yet!)
It still does the same things it did – deletes files of a specified age, but now also:
- Allows files to be deleted ‘newer’ than a certain age as well as ‘older’
- Allows files to be deleted based on an absolute date (overriding the timeframe arguments)
- Allows the ‘root’ path to be preserved if ‘remove empty folders’ is selected and the path specified is empty.
- Fixed a bug in Arguments parsing regex as noted by dudik
- Changed output datetime format to ‘full’ rather than specific dd/mm/yyyy as noted by a.plus.01
I had a need for the absolute date, so thought I may as well cover off a few other things.
Hope it’s of some use…
You can also see my other CodeProject articles.